Moving is considered one of the most stressful events of life because you need to perform several tasks simultaneously. As a result, you get confused while preparing for the relocation, leading to chaos on the final day. That is why you should follow a moving and packing checklist. It will make the entire process a lot easier, safer and you will be able to complete your move in an organised manner.
One more thing that you can do to ensure the safety of your belongings and experience a stress-free and hassle-free move is to hire experienced removalists in Brisbane. They have expertise in packing, loading and transporting all types of belongings in the best possible manner. Even if you are hiring professionals, it is essential that you follow a checklist to relocate as it will save you from unnecessary stress and hassles.
Read on to know more about a complete moving & packing checklist by pros.
Before you start packing, you need to focus on some arrangements that can make the packing a lot easier and quicker. So include the following pre-packing tasks in your checklist.
• Declutter: The first thing you need to do is get rid of your excess items. You can either organise a garage sale or donate your stuff to an NGO.
• Arrange Packing Supplies: Before you start your packing, make sure you arrange all the moving boxes. Also, purchase packing supplies like bubble wrap, packing papers, tape, etc.
• Transfer Utilities: It is also vital that you transfer your utilities on time. You should forward your request at least a month before relocating.
• Change Address: Just like utilities, you also need to change your address. Do not forget to inform your friends and family about your new address.
• Arrange Equipment: If you are relocating on your own, it is essential to purchase or rent loading equipment like furniture dolly, sliders, straps and rope, etc. The equipment will avoid injuries and any damages.
• Book Baby Sitter & Pet Sitter: If you want to keep your kids and pets safe on the moving day, you need someone to take care of them. So look for a professional.
• Hire Removalists: To accomplish your move in a stress-free and hassle-free manner, it is essential to take professional help. So, start your research early in order to find good removalists in Brisbane.
Packing your belongings is the most challenging part of the relocation process. If you want to pack, load and transport your valuables perfectly and without any stress, make sure you do the following things.
• Start with Least Important Items: When you start packing, always start with items that you do not use frequently. Such items include your off-season clothes, decorative pieces, etc.
• Pack the Breakable Items Carefully: To protect your fragile items like wine glasses, crockery, lampshades, mirror, etc., during loading and transportation, make sure the packing is perfect. Take your time and use an ample amount of bubble wraps and other packing materials.
• Pack Your Moving Day Kit: Do not forget to pack your essentials separately. It should include stuff like medicines, toiletries, paper towels, chargers, toothbrushes, etc. You might need these things immediately after the move.
• Pack Kids Room at Last: It is crucial that you pack your kids' belongings at last. It helps you to reduce the psychological impact of moving on them.
• Put Tags on the Boxes: Once you are done with all your packing, make sure that you put tags on the boxes. It will help you to identify the items inside the box even without opening it.
• Pack Refrigerator: You should pack your refrigerator only a day before you relocate. Do not forget to defrost and clean it before packing.
• Keep Your Kids Safe on Moving Day: Your kids can not only distract you on your relocation day but can also get severely injured during the loading of heavy furniture and appliances. The safety of the kids should be your topmost priority, so make sure they stay in a separate room.
• Load the Boxes Using Equipment: Do not forget to use equipment like furniture dolly, sliders, straps and rope, etc., to load heavy appliances, furniture and boxes into the truck perfectly.
Your relocation is not complete until to settle down in your new home. So, there are a few tasks that you need to do after you relocate.
• Ensure it's Safe for Kids & Pets: Thoroughly check all the rooms to make sure there no electric wire, broken glass, etc., that can be cause harm to your kids and pets. Also, check the locks of the windows and doors.
• Set the Kids Room First: The first thing you need to do in your home is to set up the kid's room. It will allow them to get back into their routine and familiar environment quickly.
The entire relocation process can be very confusing, particularly if you are moving for the first time. However, you can perform the task in an easier and more organised manner by following the moving and packing checklist mentioned above. If you want to prevent any damages of your valuables and experience a smooth relocation, contact a reputed removals company in Brisbane. They are always more helpful than your expectation.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE