If you own an expensive art collection that includes figurines or statues, you need to be very careful while packing and moving them. It is not at all easy to pack sculptures when moving because a little negligence can damage them during the loading and transport. That is why is it always advisable to hire removalists in Brisbane to pack sculptures and other delicate items in a perfect manner.
However, if you are moving on a tight budget and need to pack your belongings yourself, you should know the right procedure. Here is detailed information on how to pack sculptures or statues when moving. Let’s have a look!
Prepare before packing
Before you start your packing, it is important that you do the preparations. You need to plan everything properly and looking at important aspects like the moving supplies, appropriate equipment and measurement of the items. If you take the preparations seriously, you will be able to accomplish the packing quickly and perfectly.
Start your planning early
If you want to pack your sculptures or statues in a perfect way, you need to spend some time on the planning. First, identify the most expensive sculptures or statues because you need to pay maximum attention to those items. You also need to focus on other important aspects such as whether you need any help of removalists in Brisbane or you would be able to do it on your own.
It is also important to know how much time you will need to pack all the sculptures and what packing supplies you will require. If you plan all these things early, you would be able to move all your delicate items safely and avoid chaos on the moving day.
Get all the essential packing supplies
Once you are done with all the planning, purchase all the essential packing supplies. The supplies will include cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, packing papers, packing peanuts, wooden crate, etc. Visit the nearest supermarket in Brisbane to purchase these items. You can purchase or rent the boxes and wooden crate from a reputed removals company. Before you start packing, make sure you have all the packing supplies in the appropriate quantity.
Make sure you have the right equipment
Apart from the packing supplies, you will also need the right equipment to ensure the safety of the costly sculptures or statues during the loading process. It is one of the main reasons why removalists in Brisbane handle the moving of such items so perfectly. They have all the essential tools like utility dolly, furniture sliders, blankets and pads, forearm forklift, shoulder dolly, elastic straps, etc. You should also have the equipment to lift and load the items into the truck properly.
Take the measurement properly
You should take the measurement of the sculptures or statues before you start packing because it is important to know their size. If it is possible to disassemble it, then go for it. If you can pack all the different part separately, you would be able to move it more safely. However, if the sculpture is small and can fit into the boxes comfortably, then there is no requirement of disassembling it. You can wrap it properly and pack it.
How to pack small or medium size sculptures or statues
Follow the steps to pack your small sculptures in an appropriate manner.
• Wrap the items properly: The first thing you need to do is to wrap the sculptures with bubble wrap properly. To secure it, use tape.
• Place it properly: Next, you need to place it inside the box in an upright position. It will keep the item safe during loading and transportation.
• Fill the box: Now, you need to fill the box with packing papers, blankets, packing peanuts, etc. but make sure there is no space inside the box.
• Seal the box: Close the box and seal it properly using sufficient tape. Then use a marker to indicate the upright position. It will help the removalists in Brisbane to carry it safely.
How to pack large sculptures or statues
If you have any large sculptures or statues and it is not possible to disassemble it, follow the steps mentioned here.
• Wrap the item properly: To give it maximum protection, wrap the statue thoroughly with bubble wrap and secure the grip using tape.
• Use a wooden crate instead of the cardboard box: If the item is heavy, the chances are high that the cardboard box won’t be able to carry the statue so it can be very risky. Thus, you should go for a wooden crate that will keep the item safe.
• Use double box option: If you need more safety, opt for the double box option. Pack the sculpture into cardboard and then place the box into the wooden crate. Fill the gap inside the cardboard box and space between the box and crate. It will give the item double protection.
One of the most effective and easiest ways to pack your costly sculptures or statues when moving is to hire removalists in Brisbane. The professionals have in-depth knowledge and experience to handle such delicate and costly items. So, they ensure that your expensive sculptures reach your destination without any damages.
The experts use innovative techniques, modern tools and the right packing supplies in appropriate quantity to ensure the safety of the items. Whether you are moving an entire shop of sculptures or relocating some of your collections in home, professionals are always beneficial. They give you peace of mind that is essential during the moving process.
When it comes to fragile and expensive items, you should not take any chances. Thus, you should contact a reliable removals company in Brisbane because they know the best ways to accomplish the task safely and quickly. However, if you are packing, pay proper attention and follow the ways mentioned above. It will help you to protect your costly items.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE