Want to pack or move your belongings like professionals? Read our blog posts that will help you manage relocation process with ease.
Moving heavy and expensive kitchen appliances is probably the scary phase, especially if you are relocating home for the first time. Refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves and microwaves are often heavy and need special attention during the lifting and loading process.
This can be risky as you could have a physical injury or severe damage to your kitchen appliances. It is always good to hire professional removalists in Brisbane for a hassle-free experience. However, most people prefer moving household belongings on their own to save extra dollars.
Fortunately, there are some useful tips and tricks that will make things easy for you. Whether you are relocating a refrigerator or a microwave, keep the following tips in mind for their utmost safety:
Let’ s start with your much-loved kitchen appliances. Microwaves and ovens are prone to damage due to its delicate body. So here are some steps that will help you move these appliances safely:
• Disconnect your oven or microwave from the plug.
• Remove the detachable parts, such as racks, trays, inner shelves, and pack them safely.
• Use bubble wrap and packing paper for extra coverage.
• Remove the trivets and rings too.
• Use a white vinegar and warm soapy solution to remove grime, grease and stuck food particles from the interiors.
• Do not forget to tape the doors of your appliance with a durable tape.
• Pack it using an old blanket for extra cushioning
• Use a moving trolley to move your oven without any injury.
You can ask your friend or family member to assist you in lifting heavy household belongings.
There is no denying that refrigerators are the most challenging items to move when relocating home. They are not only heavy but also extremely delicate and one silly mistake can easily cause damage to the appliance. Here is a complete guide on moving the refrigerator in the proper manner:
• Start by removing all food items, such as vegetables, milk, sauces, fruit, etc. You can consume all food by preparing different dishes. You can also transfer food in a portable cooler.
• Remove ice cube trays, drawers, egg trays and other detachable parts.
• Clean these parts and wrap them in a towel and bubble wrap to protect them from scratches.
• Disconnect the fridge and detach the ice maker.
• It is good to unplug the fridge at least 7-8 hours before you pack it because defrosting the freezer takes up to 8 hours. Place the towel around the appliance to soak up the water.
• Deep Clean your fridge – interiors and exteriors using eco-friendly products and a microfiber cloth.
• Coil up the cable of your appliance and secure it with a tape. Close all doors and wrap it with moving blankets and tie a rope around your appliance for extra safety.
• Ask your friend or family member to help you in lifting the appliance. Carefully place the fridge on a dolly.
• Load the fridge on the moving truck. Make sure the fridge is on its side (door hinges side).
Tip: It is good to hire a good moving company in Brisbane for moving heavy items, such as kitchen appliances, furniture. You can also search for the best moving boxes to pack every room in your home.
When packing and relocating your dishwasher or other heavy kitchen appliances, don’t stress. Here are some tips to keep in mind for effective and safe relocation of a dishwasher:
• If possible, refit the appliance in its original packaging.
• Remove detachable parts of your appliance and pack them securely in packing paper and bubble wraps.
• Give your dishwasher a clean wash and remove all the stains and grime.
• Secure the door with tape.
• Place an old blanket underneath the appliance to prevent floors from scratching.
• Attach loose wires and secure them with tape
• Turn the water vales clockwise on the dishwasher to shut off the supply of water
• Cover the appliance with blankets and packing paper.
• Place it carefully on the dolly
• Slide them and keep the unit upright while transporting them in the moving van.
You can’t overlook smaller kitchen appliances just because they don’t need heavy lifting. It is good to properly prepare your coffee machine, blender, toaster, and mixer for a safe and sound move. You can also donate pre-loved appliances to the local charity. Search for places where you can donate old household items and clothes before moving.
If you are planning to move smaller kitchen appliances, here are some of the important tips to keep in mind:
• Unplug the appliance
• Clean it thoroughly using white vinegar or baking soda products
• Remove detachable parts from the unit
• Pack them separately using packing paper and bubble wraps
• Put them inside the box.
• Use old towels, and other cushioning to keep them protected
• Add crumbled newspapers inside the boxes to avoid damage
• Secure them with tape
• Lift and load it into the moving truck.
Protect your expensive kitchen appliances while moving them to the new home in Brisbane. These tips will help you move safely without causing any damage. If you want a stress-free moving experience, hire seasoned Brisbane removalists and enjoy the entire process.